Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Operation Rescue Ryan

I'm reading a book about a family fighting autism and the little boy in the story is also named Ryan. I copied their operation name "operation rescue Ryan" A few days ago I checked out just about every book the library had on autism. I have been reading every chance I get and my brain hurts! I've decided not to give up on getting ABA therapy so soon. It seems so many children have been recovered using it. I have launched my own Operation Rescue Ryan to find a good ABA program and find the funding for it. So far I have found some promising funding options and have stayed up tonight until after 2am to put together a packet to apply to the Division of Developmental Disabilities, they say they may pay if Ryan qualifies. I'm also looking into social security income for disabled children and have called about DSHS (we already have a coupon but there are no guarantees for this type of intervention. Unfortunately almost no insurance will pay even though it is the top recommended treatment for autism. I found a resource online that provides you training and a plan for your child at a much lower price. They will train you and any person or therapist. I've heard you can sometimes find college students willing to work with your child for college credit. I'm going to work with Ryan as much as I can at home and his progress in school is already amazing. He is saying a small sentence just about every day now! Thank God for all he already has in the way of therapy. He starts occupational therapy on Thursday, I think he will love that. Well I ask for your prayers for funding for an ABA program for Ryan and a waiting list thats not too long. I put him on one today thats a year long (but am putting him on all the lists to see who can take him first)! I won't stop until he gets the best help possible if I have to go to the ends of the earth! Every child with autism deserves to have the best therapy options available.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!! I am so very proud of you and know that if any autistic child will succeed, it will be our Ryan. Count me in for anything at all that I can do to help - including funds. Love and hugs, Mom