Saturday, May 3, 2008

Connecting

I just want to say how wonderful it is to connect with all of you. I wasn't sure if I wanted to start a blog because I always seem to be worried about saying the wrong thing but it is great to be able to share a bit of my life with you. Thanks for all the support.
Rory got home late last night after two calls and left this morning on another one. He hasn't been home yet but hes had to go on two more. This will be good for our finances even though we miss hanging out with him. We are just having a quiet (okay sort of quiet) day at home. Jessi went to her friends play in Tacoma this morning and Jon and Kaylie are playing with their friends, going back and forth between houses. Bella has a little bit of a cold and so is napping more than usual today, poor little thing. Its her first real cold or sickness of any kind. I just have to say I am very happy to be nursing her because I just found out that almost all the major formula brands use genetically engineered ingredients. If you use formula buy organic. I will get on my soapbox sometime soon and rant and rave about nutrition and how horrible it is that 75% of processed food in America has GMO ingredients. I think I may have found a career choice. I want to go back to college to become a nutritionist. Anyway Ryan is having a pretty good day, we played playdough, colored, and watched movies today, some of his favorites.
I was also thinking today about how wonderful it is to have a baby in the house. Yes, it can be hard trying to juggle housework, cooking, and all the kids needs but it is so worth it to have this little person to take care of and get to know. I am having a hard time thinking that this will be my last baby. We are not planning to have any more because of medical reasons. I am really enjoying my little Bella right now. I love it when she "talks" to me from her crib everyday, smiles from ear to ear, and discovers new things to look at or play with. Thank heaven for little girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about the evils of processed foods. I believe that is one of the reasons so many people are obese and struggle with diabetes. Have you read "Beating the Food Giants" by Paul Stitt - I think it is out of print but you can probably find a copy on Amazon.